At Rashid Putman Plastic Surgery, we perform custom eyelid surgery in Peoria, IL, and we are known for our ability to create a very natural, refreshed look. Whether you want to rejuvenate your facial appearance or are struggling with vision due to excessive drooping of the eyelids, eyelid surgery can be performed.
What Can Eyelid Surgery Do For Me?
Eyelid surgery can treat:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or affect the natural youthful contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Fatty deposits and puffy-looking lower lids
- Undereye bags
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles around the lower eyelid
Am I a Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
Good candidates for eyelid surgery should be:
- In good general health
- Understand the procedure, what it entails, and what to expect in recovery
- No eye conditions, infections, or diseases that could affect outcome
- Have droopy, saggy upper lids, or puffy, sagging lower lids
- Look older due to drooping eyelids
What is Eyelid Surgery Recovery Like?
After surgery, you will not be able to drive and will need to arrange a friend or family member to transport you home. You will be restricted from driving until given the okay by our facial plastic surgeon, which is typically after about a week or two. Your eyelids and surrounding tissue will be swollen, and it is normal to experience some facial bruising.
Eyelid surgery usually leads to very little pain and discomfort, which can be easily managed with over-the-counter pain medication. Sleep with your head elevated and avoid bending and follow your aftercare instructions. Most people feel well enough to return to normal life after about a week or less. During your eyelid surgery recovery, lubricating ointment and cold compresses can be applied.
Why Have Eyelid Surgery at Rashid Putman Plastic Surgery?
At our luxury boutique clinic, you can expect your results to appear fresh, natural, and rejuvenated, not the wide-eyed look associated with eyelid surgery gone wrong. Dr. Rashid is an acclaimed plastic surgeon and Dr. Putman has decades of experience performing this delicate procedure. He is a respected professional in his field of practice and serves as a facial plastic surgery instructor for residents at Southern Illinois University, Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery for over a decade.