Practice Policy Update Regarding COVID-19
UPDATE COVID-19 RASHID PUTMAN PLASTIC SURGERY & MEDSPA: MARCH 23, 2020
EFFECTIVE MARCH 23- APRIL 7 2020 LIMITATION OF NON-ESSENTIAL IN-OFFICE VISITS & PROCEDURES
The health and safety of our patients and staff remain our top priority. As recommendations evolve during the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic, we continue to evolve. We are using CDC recommendations to best serve our patients, protect our staff and families, and do our part to prevent transmission and slow the spread of Novel Coronavirus.
RESPONSE TO GOVERNOR PRITZKER’S EXECUTIVE ORDER TO “STAY AT HOME”
As an essential service, Rashid Putman Plastic Surgery will remain open during normal business hours. In accordance with guidelines from the American College of Surgeons, our surgeons are evaluating the medical need for procedures on a case by case basis daily. They are using data driven assessment for the delivery of clinical care based on the assimilation of the COVID-associated risk and all medical and logistical information available.
The Medspa temporary closure has been extended through April 7, 2020. Appointments for non-essential medical services are being limited from March 23- April 7th. Our office staff will be reaching out to reschedule these appointments. At this time, we will continue to accept new appointments, scheduling non-essential services after April 7th. If you wish to purchase skincare products or gift cards, please call ahead to pay via credit card and we will ship the items to you.
TELEHEALTH AT RASHID PUTMAN PLASTIC SURGERY
We are actively implementing a secure, HIPAA compliant, platform to allow patients to communicate directly with our staff and providers through two-way text, photo and document sharing, as well as video conferencing. The integration of this platform into our practice begins Tuesday March 24th. Please visit the website frequently for updates on use.
RASHID PUTMAN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- If you have the following symptoms or situation PLEASE RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- A temperature of 100.4 or greater orally
- Sore throat or dry cough
- Shortness of breath
- You or a family member have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to self-quarantine by a physician
- If you choose to cancel your appointment, all fees and penalties will be waived.
- We are reducing visitors to one guest per patient.
- We have provided an alternative option to our waiting room. Patients can wait in their cars, receive text notifications, bypass the waiting room, and enter a disinfected exam room when it is ready for use. Additional instructions for this procedure are posted on our front door.
- If you choose to utilize the in-office waiting room, we are disinfecting all areas of our office multiple times a day. You must remain six feet apart from other individuals.
- Surgeons and staff will not be shaking hands and hallway doors have been propped open.
- We are screening all staff prior to entry into the office and requesting staff stay home if ill.
- Some of our amenities in the waiting room will not be operational in order to minimize contact.
- Hand sanitizer and/or soap and water are readily available.
- As always, we remain compliant with all federal and state requirements.
Dates of closure could be extended and additional changes implemented as we continue to make safety our first priority. Please call 309-670-0700 with questions and check our social media and website frequently to stay up to date.
Sincerely, Drs Khurram Rashid and Harrison Putman III