It is vital that rhinoplasty is performed by a highly-experienced plastic surgeon. Errors can lead to complications, an uneven result, and the need to have revision surgery. Dr. Putman and Dr. Rashid have extensive experience with rhinoplasties and can meet your needs.
What Can Rhinoplasty Treat?
Rhinoplasty surgery resolves a range of cosmetic and functional problems, including:
- Nose size in relation to facial features
- Nose width at the bridge or in the size and nostril position, size, and shape
- Nose profile with visible humps or lack of structure and volume at the bridge
- Nostrils that are large, long, or too wide
- Nasal tip that is enlarged or bulbous, drooping, overlarge or unusually-shaped
- Asymmetrical nose
- Correct breathing problems by addressing a deviated septum or other structural issue
Should I Have a Rhinoplasty?
You may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty if:
- Your facial growth is complete
- You are physically healthy
- You don’t smoke
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
- You are unhappy with the size, shape, or projection of your nose
How is a Nose Job Performed?
A nose job, or rhinoplasty, when performed at our private, luxury plastic surgery clinic in Peoria, will require a custom surgical plan to address all of the issues that need correction. The surgery takes several hours to complete and is one of the most complex of all facial surgeries. Dr. Rashid or Dr. Putman may use one of two surgical approaches:
This approach allows for more access to the entire nose structure, and involves an incision placed at the base of the columella, the narrow strip of tissue between the nostrils.
For less extensive nose reshaping, some patients can have a closed rhinoplasty, with incisions placed within the nostrils.
What is the Rhinoplasty Experience Like?
A “nose job” at our private surgery clinic takes several hours to perform. You will be under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation and local anesthesia.
During the procedure, the inner structure of your nose is accessed, and the structural and cosmetic issues resolved, including overlarge or hanging nose tip, wide bridge, hump on bridge, or oddly-shaped, large, or long nostrils. A flat nose bridge can be reshaped to create more definition. During the procedure, you will be “asleep,” awakening after surgery is completed with your nose supported by with a splint or bandages to protect the newly-reshaped structures during healing.
Why Choose Rashid Putman Plastic Surgery?
Your nose is a central facial feature. Surgery on the nose structure is quite complex and difficult and requires extensive skill and experience to perform correctly. When you undergo nose surgery, you want the result to be beautiful, defined, and to look as you envisioned. A poorly-performed surgery may require revision surgery – as we know at our practice, where Dr. Putman is often called upon to “fix” a botched nose job. Call us for a private consultation to evaluate your individual nose condition, to get professional guidance on how to move forward.