Most Popular Medspa Treatments
A trip to the medspa is not only relaxing and restorative, but can also provide a huge improvement in the quality of your skin and your overall appearance. Medspa treatments are typically non-invasive and provide aesthetic enhancement without the incisions, scarring, anesthesia, or downtime of surgery.
Whether you are undergoing a treatment with injectables, or refining your complexion with a chemical peel, your session is tailored to your unique needs, comfort level, and lifestyle. For today’s busy, active patient, a personalized medspa solution can be just the special pampering you need to look and feel your best.
What are the most well-loved medspa treatments in Peoria, IL?
- Dermal fillers – Dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, and Radiesse can be used to reverse the signs of aging and restore a radiant, vital aesthetic appearance. They can combat volume loss, plump and smooth the lips, treat acne scarring, and fill in lines, folds, and creases, all without downtime. Many fillers contain hyaluronic acid, a biocompatible compound that binds with water to hydrate the skin from the inside out.
- Lip enhancement – Full, plump lips are the hallmark of a youthful smile, but with aging, the lips can fall prey to vertical lines and a loss of volume. Lip enhancement can be performed with fillers to replenish the smile and restore self-confidence. Because most lip fillers are made with hyaluronic acid, there is little chance of allergic reaction.
- Kybella – Kybella is an FDA-approved injectable to correct stubborn submental fat that obscures the profile. When injected, Kybella helps break down the fat cells and remove them from the body as waste, leaving behind a more sculpted, slim face and neck appearance. Best of all, Kybella comes with no lengthy recovery period, so you can return to your regular schedule right away.
- Chemical peels – Chemical peels are formulated to remove the outermost layer of damaged skin cells, revealing a smoother, firmer, more youthful complexion underneath. There are mild, medium, and intense options, and each can be customized to your wishes. Dirt, debris, oil, makeup, and toxins are removed, allowing blemish-free skin to finally shine through.
- Facial fat grafting – During facial fat grafting, fat cells harvested from the belly, thighs, or hips are sterilized and purified in order to be transferred. Once ready, the fat is then injected into areas where aging has diminished volume such as the temples, cheeks, or lips. Fat transfer provides subtle, natural-looking augmentation results and has the added advantage of slimming and sculpting the donor area.
How can I tell which treatment is right for me?
When you meet with your medspa practitioner, they will ask you to describe your concerns with your appearance and will then suggest the treatments that best correspond to your needs. Many clients are looking for treatments that they can undergo during their lunch break. Your practitioner will take this into account, along with other factors such as your comfort level, your skin type, your age, and your overall health.
If you are interested in general anti-aging solutions, you might enjoy a session with dermal fillers or a chemical peel. If you’re looking to specifically address a certain part of the face, such as the lips or upper neck, your practitioner might suggest trying lip fillers or Kybella.
What is the takeaway?
Whether it is your first time visiting a medspa or you are a repeat client, there is nothing quite as refreshing and replenishing as self-care. Medspa treatments can help provide relief from stress and exhaustion and can help you to look more youthful and attractive without a major surgical intervention. With today’s increased focus on appearances, including the rise of video messaging and online Zoom interactions, it has never been more important to find quick, affordable, and minimally invasive solutions for the signs of aging. Call us today at Rashid Plastic Surgery Medspa to learn more about your options for aesthetic improvement.